When you interact with someone, the first thing that is seen is the face. People across the world pay heavy money to keep their outer look maintained in order to look healthy and refreshed. But what if the pink-colored pimples spring out on your skin, resulting in a drastic appearance setback? If you are one of those individuals facing suchlike problems then you’ve come to the right place since here you’d find the key causes of those blemishes and various ways to treat and prevent them from reappearing.
What is a Pimple and how is it formed?
It is a small pink-colored swelling bump that erupts on your skin, making you look a little less attractive. It may as well have a whitish fluid oozing out; known as bacterial pus.
Our skin comprises of a lot of minute pores. These pores, if gets clogged in by excess sweat, sebum or dirt, causes bacteria to form resulting in an infection known as pimples. These pimples mostly result in acne. The pimples can either be painful or cause an itching sensation.
Pimples usually sprout on the facial region, the hands, neck, shoulders, chest, back and the buttocks.
How does Acne spread?
The pimples, resulting in acne, must not be poked or disturbed because that may lead to its spread since the bacterial pus that oozes out of the pimple may cause the infection wherever the fluid interacts with the body, especially the face. If touched or scratched, the pimple will leave a dark scar which is far more difficult to get rid of, in comparison to the acne itself.
Getting rid of the Pimple/Acne Scars
If you are one of the people who have pimple scars on their skin and it affects your personality and confidence, then you may adopt any of the following methods to get treat those marks, depending upon ease of access. A lot of methods are used to fade away the acne marks including the use of ointments, natural cures, home remedies, facial clay or herbal cures etc. A few of the most effective and rapid action methods to remove pimple spots overnight on the face and body are mentioned below:
- Consult your doctor
You may visit the concerned dermatologist to help you clear out your skin. The doctor may carry out one of the following procedures to get rid of blemishes:
- Chemical Peels:
Chemical peels are widely used to improve the appearance of the skin. If your skin has blemishes and wrinkles then chemical peels can help you remove them. Your dermatologist will use chemical preparations that will pull away layers of your skin. With it, dark pimple marks will be removed to give you instant results of a clearer and glowing skin. Chemical peels are treatments that are listed as the fastest ways to remove acne marks and spots.
- Laser Treatment:
Visit your dermatologist to see if laser treatment is feasible and affordable for the removal of acne scars.
- Laser beams are concentrated onto the spots to remove them from skin
- The treatment is carried out in the clinic
- The procedure may take at least fifteen minutes up to an hour based upon the depth of marks.
- The treatment may require more than one sitting to completely eliminate the scars, permanently
In order to treat shallow pimple marks, a procedure known as microdermabrasion is done. This process helps in getting rid of the blemishes rapidly, almost overnight.
- Skin is exfoliated by removal of the top layer of skin that contains the spots.
- It is a non-invasive procedure
- It costs less in comparison to laser treatment.
- Using Creams or Ointments
There are a lot of creams; commercial and medicinal, available in the market for fading away the dark spots on face. These creams can be used for lightening the skin tones as well but they are too costly, however, some of them are highly effective and show very fast results.
Which cream to choose for rapid effective result? Look into the ingredients list to find the following components:
- Cortisone-based creams
- Kojic Acid
- Vitamin A/ Retinoid
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Belo creams
- Using Soaps
A wide range of soaps are available for bleaching away the dark spots and patches from your body. These soaps are manufactured especially to treat the acne on the face, back and chest region of the body. Examples include:
- Kojic acid soap
- African black soap
- Home Remedies
Since many of us cannot afford to visit doctors to seek medical advice for curing the problem, we tend to look into the natural home remedies. Mentioned below are few of the pocket-friendly methods, free of adverse side-affects, through which you can effectively treat the pimple marks:
- Natural Extracts
- Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is widely known for its potent skin lightening properties due to the enriched vitamin C content. Lemon also has a component known as Alpha Hydroxyl Acid (AHA) that is the active ingredient used in various creams used for fading scars along with its healing and skin refreshing properties.
- Squeeze fresh juice out of half a lemon into a small bowl.
- Mix some water or glycerin in the concentrated lemon juice to dilute it.
- Dip a cotton ball and dab it over the scars caused by acne.
- Let it stay for some time.
- Rinse off with normal water.
- Repeat these steps until you see obvious results.
- Apply once every two days
- Always moisturize your skin after treating it with lemon juice otherwise it may leave your skin dry.
- Potato Juice
Potato juice is known as one of the best remedies for treating black spots and patches on face at home and for improving the skin color.
- Slice a fresh potato in to thin pieces or grate it to make a face pack or squeeze out juice.
- Put the slices or grated mixture on to the dark spots directly.
- Leave it there for a few minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Cucumber Juice
Cucumber juice is used in many cultures as a remedy for various skin related diseases because it contains vitamin A and potassium that are very good to even out the complexion and fade away any dark spots or scars.
- Crush cucumber and squeeze juice out of them.
- Apply the cucumber juice onto the spots
- Let it stay overnight.
- Rinse off your skin in the morning with lukewarm water.
- Essential Oils
- Coconut Oil
This oil not only acts as a natural moisturizer, but also enhances the skin complexion and freshness and removes black marks.
- Take generous quantity of ‘extra virgin’ coconut oil in your palms.
- Massage the oil on to the area with black spots.
- Leave it there overnight.
- Wipe off or rinse away in the morning
- Repeat the process until the patches fade away.
- Rose-hip Oil
Rose hip oil is a great source of natural trans-retinoic acid which is popularly known for its wonders in curing skin related issues, especially fading away the unwanted marks off of the skin. It is non-greasy and hence can easily be used by the people with oily skin.
Procedure: Apply few drops of rose hip oil onto the area with pimple marks and massage. Let the oil stay overnight. In the morning, wash your skin with water to get a clear skin refreshed skin.
- Olive Oil
An oil rich in vitamins, minerals and fatty acids that not only keeps skin soft and healthy but is also used as for exfoliation to clear out the dirt off of the skin and prevent pimple formation.
- Cleanse your skin with a mild cleanser to clear dirt.
- Apply virgin olive oil onto your skin and massage gently
- Repeat the process every week once to see rapid results.
- Since olive oil is safe for use, it may as well be used during pregnancy since the pimple formation widely increases due to the surge in hormones.
- Tea tree Oil
Tea tree oil is used as one of the top most products when it comes to skin problems. It is potent anti-bacterial component that help lighten blemishes and dark spots and rejuvenates your skin.
- Mix few drops of tea tree oil with olive oil
- Massage the mixture on the patches, gently
- Leave it on your skin for a few hours.
- Wash off the oil with water or remove with a cotton ball.
- Baking Soda
Baking soda is widely used for exfoliation purpose because it contains agents that work wonders in scraping off scars and deep dark pimple spots if used regularly, rapid results can be clearly seen. Using baking soda will not only clear off the pimples, its marks but also bring a glow to your face.
- Take a spoon full of baking soda in a bowl and add some water or rose water.
- Stir until a paste like consistency is acquired.
- Now, apply this paste over the acne marks.
- Let it dry.
- Rinse off the paste after five minutes with cold water
Honey is the most used ingredient for skin problems because of its antibacterial properties. It is used to bleach and fade away dark acne scars.
- Take a spoon full of raw honey
- Apply directly on to the spots
- Leave on your skin overnight.
- Wash off in the morning with clean cold water.
- Repeat the process until requires results are achieved
- Cocoa Butter
It works best on the people who have normal or dry skin because cocoa butter tend to act as a moisturizer and boosts the healing of the skin and lightens up dark spots.
Apply cocoa butter on pimple scars before sleeping and leave it overnight. Clean it off in the morning with cold water. Use it for almost 15 days to see effective results.
- Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is rich with nutrients, enzymes and polysaccharides that act as a best and anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. This is the reason why it is immensely used to clear off the skin from any acne scars and prevent the pimple formation.
- Cut off an Aloe Vera Stem and extract fresh gel
- Massage the gel gently on the acne marks with your fingers
- Apply Aloe Vera twice a day to get rid of marks, naturally
- Keep repeating the process for a few weeks until the scars completely disappear.
Turmeric has healing properties which makes it perfect for curing skin problems and lightening the acne spots. It not only removes the spots but also lightens the complexion and clears the freckles and sun spots
- Take half a spoon of turmeric powder and mix it with a few drops of lemon juice enough milk that it gives you a paste like consistency.
- Massage the paste on your skin, especially on the dark spots
- Now let it stay for a while until the mask dries out completely.
- Rinse off your skin with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process to achieve rapid and effective results.
Garlic is used as an antiviral and an anti-fungal. It can be applied on the skin to lighten the acne marks and zits.
- Crush almost 5 small cloves of garlic and squeeze out its juice by crushing
- Dip a cotton ball in the juice and dab it on to the pimple marks
- Let it sit for about thirty minutes.
- Wash your skin with clean cold water.
- Repeat the process until required results are achieved.
Caution: Garlic has strong agents therefore it may cause an inflammation on your skin, resulting in redness or itching if left on the skin for too long. Do not apply if you have a sensitive skin.
- Other Natural Home remedies:
- Egg White
- Green Coconut Water
- Sugar Scrub
- Lentil and milk Scrub
Toothpaste has cooling agents that can help ease off the inflamed skin patches and lighten up the dark acne spots however, a mint-flavored toothpaste must not be used otherwise it may cause more damage to your skin.
- Masks and Face Packs
- Turmeric with Aloe Vera Paste
- Manuka Honey with Oats Mixture
- Carrot and Strawberry fruit face pack
- Cucumber and Yogurt Face pack
- Sandal Wood Face Packs
- Honey, Milk and Turmeric Paste/u>
- Fuller’s Earth with rose water Face mask
- Milk with Fenugreek Seed paste
- Milk powder with Licorice (Mulethi) Paste
- Orange Peel face mask
- Cucumber with milk and lemon
- Citrus face mask
Tips for Pimple Scar Prevention
- Avoid the application of scrubs if you have a pimple prone skin as it may result in adverse skin patches
- Once the pimples recede, you should always exfoliate the skin so as to remove the dead cells to give space of new cells growth.
- Drink plenty of normal temperature water and take fluids and juices
- Consumer fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Do not squeeze or poke any pimple
- You must take care of your diet, as well as your skin to have a perfect healthy body
- Exercise regularly
- Take precautions and use a good quality sunblock before exposing your body to direct sunlight and use umbrellas to guard yourself from harmful sun rays.