If you want to attend a party at the end of the day and you have a severe backache, what are the chances for you to attend it? Probably less than 25%. The back pains a miserable condition which is likely to be the most common type of pain in routine. It could be anything from work tiredness to a serious health injury.
The lower back is the part of the body which is between the rib cage and legs, at the back side. It is the last part of the spine, after which the hip area starts. A painful lower back is not even a problem sometimes; it’s just a tiring routine which causes it. It goes away on its own when you rest.
More than 80% people worldwide experience back ache at any stage of their life, either due to restlessness or a disease. It is more familiar with work loaded professionals who spend almost the whole day in their office, working. If it hits a person between 40-60 years of the age, it is more likely to be a medical reason behind it.
Types Of Back Pain
Usually, the lower back pain has three categories.
- Acute: The short term pain (1-3 months)
- Chronic: The long-term pain (3-6 months or more)
- Neuropathic (The undefined pain which apparently has no reason)
Causes Of Lower Back Pain
There are certain conditions in which these pain types show up. Such as;
When there is an absolute reason for it such for example a disease. It can be further explained by the following medical conditions which could be mild to severe.
- Sciatica: It is experienced when the nerves spinal column are stretched wand cause a pinching pain from lower back to thighs.
- Spinal Stenosis: It is a painful condition in which the open spaces between the spine narrow down which exerts a pressure on the spinal nerve.
- VerterbralFractures: These are accidental injuries which cause intense pain in the back.
- Severe disease: Certain diseases such as cancer is also very painful.
- Disc Bulge: IN this condition, a disc from the spinal cord is ruptured by any reason. The outer protective layer is broken which causes compression, inflammation and severe pain.
- Spinal arthritis: It is also called spinal osteoarthritis or spondylosis. It is a degenerative spine disease in which the bone structure is degraded.
- Spondylolisthesis: Another medical condition in which lumber section of the body slips forward to the vertebrae below it.
- Osteomyelitis: It is a microbial infection caused by a bacteria which develops in the spine.
- Spinal tumors: The tumors of the spine could also be very painful. These are an unnecessary outgrowth of the cell which could either be cancerous or noncancerous. It is painful, either ways.
When there is no apparent reason for the lower back pain, for example, the common suffering. It is often called restlessness. It is the common type of back pain which 80% of people may experience.
Treatment For Lower Back Pain
It ‘s hard to treat lower back pain. The minor pains often go away on their own by resting or by simple painkillers. You may get them from the pharmacy, as over the counter tablets. Two most popular choices for painkiller are acetaminophen and ibuprofen. However, the specific types of lower back pains are tricky.
The other pain killers who are stronger than over the counter medicines often require a prescription. Itinclu des oxycodone which is helpful but subjected to severe side effects such as tolerance.
For people with disc problem and stenosis, physiotherapy and exercise is a good option. Certain types of talk therapies are also helpful which is proven through the research. The victims of prolonged illness may develop stress, depression or anxiety along with the lower back pain. For such people, it is better to combine the medication with a healthy activity like yoga, acupuncture, etc.
In extreme conditions, spinal manipulation therapy (SMT) is helpful to reduce the inflammation and pain. There are various surgical options available which depend upon the nature and severity of the disease. A final treatment can be suggested by your medical service provider which is customized and as per requirement.