Essential oils have long been used since ages for treating various health related conditions. They are the best options when it comes to finding a solution purely through natural methods and preventing the use of any harmful chemicals. Essential oils may either be used separately- each having its own unique qualities, or in form of a blends/ mixture. The blends have been used widely by the herbalists and many renowned nutritionists for achieving better health through messages on different body parts. These oil combos are also very popular in Aromatherapy.
If you are interested in making up your own blend, at home, and solving the health-related issues via natural methods, this article is all about which step-to-step guide as to how essential oils are to be blended, which ones to be mixed together for what purpose, and when and how to apply.
Things you need before starting the blending process:
- Different types of Essential oils
- Carrier oils (olive oil, coconut oil etc.)
- Glass bottles of 2 ml.
- Glass bottles (10 ml) that has a dropper top
- Testing strips for scents
Questions that you need to ask yourself before initiating to blend
- What are the different notes of a scent?
- How do you want the fragrance of essential oil blend to effect you?
- Which is the desired scent of the final product?
- When will you be using the essential oil blend?
- Where to apply or how to use?
- Other important point to take care of before final blending.
- Top notes:
- Lightest of all
- The first thing you smell when you spray
- Evaporates immediately.
- Have thin consistency
- Base notes:
- Heavy and deep earthy effect.
- The oils that make the fragrance of the oil stay for a longer period of time.
- Normally viscous and heavy in consistency
- Middle notes:
- The ‘binding glue’ of the essential oils that helps form a harmonized mixture.
- Balances the top notes and base notes.
- The fragrance lasts more time in comparison to top notes, and less than the base notes.
- Consistency varies from oil to oil.
HOW DO YOU WANT THE SCENT TO EFFECT YOU?
|BOOSTING YOUR ENERGY||FOR RELAXING||TO DETOXIFY||RELIEVE STRESS AND ANXIETY|
Before you start a mission it is necessary that you set a goal. Targeting the mood you require is the main goal here. For your ease, various scents have been divided in basic way to serve your desire. You may always search over the internet for more options.
WHICH SCENT/ FRAGRANCE DO YOU WANT?
Not every nose smells the same thing similarly. Some people may categorize the above items differently.
WHEN WILL YOU BE USING THE SCENT?
- Starting off your day with a morning shower with essential oils blend to feel fresh, energized and awake throughout the day.
- You are worried for some reason therefore you need a blend to clear you mind off of all worries and calm yourself at work, school or home at any time of the day.
- You are back from office or have had a tough day with a new born baby and now just want to relax your mind and body at night.
- When you want to concentrate on work in the afternoons, but you keep getting distracted.
- In order to sooth a crying sleepless baby or to treat your insomnia.
WHERE AND HOW TO APPLY?
Whenever you decide to start blending the essential oils, it is highly recommended that you initiate with not more than three oils. Once you get familiar with the process, you may blend up to 5 or 9 essential oils, as per need. These oils can either be used for massage, apply on hair or use it in form of a spray for aroma therapy.
OTHER IMPORTANT AREAS OF CONSIDERATION?
- Cost to suit your budget
- Safety and Precautions
Re-blending the blends: If its your first time blending the essential oils, it is necessary that you keep in mind that you DO NOT mix any two substances that already exist/ are available as a mixed blend. You should mix single oils, and leave the complex work for the experts; who make synergies knowingly and after research. Since you do not know what the synergies may turn up into and how it may affect you, it is always better to abstain from trying it, instead of regretting later on.
- Essential Oils Time to rest