A mother to be is under huge criticism for using her used pregnancy test strip as a cake topper. This was a baby announcing cake, which she assumed, was an innovative idea. This viral photo on the Internet has left people horrified for possible hygiene concerns.
The women used her “used” pregnancy test strip as a cake topper with blue and white icing saying ‘we’re pregnant’. It clearly tells that the anonymous couple is expecting their baby but the Facebook audience showed a huge revolt against the used pregnancy strip. It is very obvious that this strip was in contact with urine and using it on the top of an edible cake makes no sense, comments say.
This picture got thousands of likes and shares within a few hours of upload. People are bashing it for the poorest innovation ideas and absolutely no education on basic healthcare. Many of them agree that the couple could use a better way to express their sentiments than using a urinated strip.
Some of the top comments on this post are
“Dude, I don’t care if you put the lid back on it… don’t stick something you peed on a cake! That should not have to be said!”
“That’s f*****g gross. Hands down no amount of bleach that could ever make that okay.”
“I don’t even like bringing food into a bathroom let alone putting a whizz stick on the food…even if they bleached it that is still uncomfortable and not appetizing in any way”
People are also suggesting in comments that this pregnancy strip as a cake topper may not be real. Maybe it’s a very realistic fondant artwork that is not actually a real strip. However, it is still not clear.
The couple remains anonymous and there is no way to know if this is a real strip or a decorative prop.
Pregnancy announcement ideas
For couples who want to start a family together, the positive pregnancy test is no less than ecstasy. This is such news that is normally a big deal for all close family and friends happy.
Clearly the couple has to share the news but doing it in an innovative way is even better. Following are some of the great pregnancy announcement ideas that you can try. Whether it’s a low-key thing or shouting the lungs out, either way, select any from the following pregnancy announcement ideas to follow.
- Share it on social media with a picture of an ultrasound scan.
- Get the big news printed on cards and send them by post.
- Find custom shirts from each of the close relatives and friends describing they are going to be uncle/aunt/grandpa/grandma etc.
- Post a picture of the baby bump.
- Find mommy-daddy-baby theme decorative items, mugs, clothes, shoes to announce the news to the family.
- Get matching jackets or shirts for you and your partners saying, Mum and Dad. Wear them together.
- Include your pet in announcing the big news. Put a shirt on it or make a card telling the date.
- Send a custom made card of delivery date and chocolates to the closed ones.
- Get your other kid involved (if you have it).
- Use scrabble alphabets, lego blocks or anything with alphabets to say it and decorate it with tiny LED lights.