Sustanon 250 is a pale-yellow solution containing the derivatives of testosterone. Testosterone is a natural sex hormone of male and is also known as an “androgen”. Sustanon 250 contains the derivatives of testosterone and acts as a testosterone booster.
The Sustanon 250 injections are prescribed to men having a low level of testosterone levels.
Sustanon injections are also prescribed to the transsexuals. Its use helps in hormonal transition. It also allows the development of male sexual characteristics like deepening of voice and growth of body hair.
Composition of Sustanon 250
Sustanon 250 is an anabolic which contains the following four Testosterone esters:
- Testosterone propionate
These are derivatives of male sex hormone “testosterone”. Testosterone is naturally produced by the testicles of men.
Importance of testosterone
Testosterone is important for the following functions in man:
- Normal development and functioning of the male sex organs.
- Sperm production
- Normal sex drive
- Getting an erection
- Functioning of the prostate gland and other reproductive organs.
- It also has few functions in the skin, muscles, skeleton, kidney, liver, bone marrow and central nervous system.
How low level of Natural Testosterone affects male?
Natural testosterone production reduces with aging. Its level also reduces after the surgical removal of testicles like, in the treatment of testicular cancer.
Testosterone level also falls due to testicular diseases like hypogonadism or the disease of the pituitary gland. The pituitary gland is in the brain that controls hormonal production.
The low levels of testosterone affect the normal functions of man. Low levels of testosterone can affect the body in the following ways:
- Depressed mood
- Decreased sex drive
- Impotence (erectile dysfunction)
- Osteoporosis, weakening of bones
Uses of Sustanon 250
Sustanon 250 is used for the following purposes:
- Sustanon is used in testosterone replacement therapy for a male having a low testosterone level. Its use can treat various health problems caused by the deficiency of testosterone which is also known as “male hypogonadism”
- Sustanon 250 is used as supportive therapy for female-to-male transsexuals. Transsexuals are people who emotionally and psychologically feel that they belong to the opposite sex.
- The use of Sustanon 250 increases the total amount of testosterone in the blood plasma. After the administration of the dose, the low levels of testosterone get back to the normal range within 21days.
- Sustanon 250 therapy also helps in the restoration of luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone.
- It’s also used for the restoration of “libido”. It improves the sexual functions of the males and enhances the quality of life.
- It also helps in the development of male reproductive tissues like the male sexual organ, seminal vesicles, prostate epididymis.
- It also increases the rate of sperm production as well as sexual drive.
- Sustanon is also prescribed for a male who has surgically removed their testis during treatment of testicular cancer. The removal of testes leads to a rapid fall in the level of testosterone levels within the bloodstream.
- Hypogonadism also causes a reduction in testosterone levels which can lead to various conditions. These conditions can be treated using Sustanon 250.
- When treated with Sustanon 250, individuals with low testosterone levels can get some of the following results
Dosage of Sustanon
Sustanon 250 is used for medical purposes like for the treatment of testosterone deficiency in men. The use of 250mg Sustanon is recommended after every three weeks.
After administration, the dose starts to release the testosterone within 24-48 hours. The release of testosterone decreases after 21 days of the first dose. Then, the next dose is administered. The most doses of Sustanon 250 are taken via injections.
Following precautions must be taken to avoid complications:
- It must not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- People having prostate or breast tumor must not use it.
- The children under the age of 3 years shouldn’t use it.
- If the person is allergic to any of the constituents of this medicine, he/she should not use it.
People suffering from the following conditions should also consult the doctor before its use:
- Lung, Kidney or breast cancer
- High blood pressure
- Kidney disease
- Heart disease
- Liver disease
- Diabetes mellitus
- Urinary problems
- Thrombophilia or Blood clotting problems
Risk Associated with Sustanon use
Following risks are associated with the use of Sustanon 250:
- This testosterone treatment can increase the size of the prostate gland, especially in elder men.
- In rare cases, this treatment can lead to an increase in the number of red blood cells which can lead to complications.
- The use of Sustanon during severe heart or kidney disease can lead to complications, like water retention in the body causing heart failure.
- This therapy can lead to an increase in blood pressure.
- Its use can worsen the condition of people suffering from sleep apnoea. Sleep apnoea causes temporarily stopping of breathing during sleep.
- People suffering from chronic lung disease should it after the recommendations of doctor only else it can cause complications.
- Female-to-male transsexual should have special assessments before using it like, psychiatric assessment.
- Female-to-male transsexual having a family history of breast cancer must also use it after the consultation of doctor only.
Side effects of Sustanon 250
Like all other medicines, Sustanon 250 can have few side effects. Following side effects are reported in male after its use:
- mood alterations
- Increase in red blood cell count
- Myalgia or muscle pain
- Changes in liver functioning
- Changes in cholesterol levels because of disturbed lipid metabolism
- water retention in the body, leading to swelling
- Changes in sexual desire
- High blood pressure
- Ejaculation disorder
- Painful erection of the penis
- Disturbed number of sperm count
- Enhanced Prostatic growth
- Increase in the number of blood marker, associated with prostate cancer
Thee side effects caused by Sustanon cannot be quickly reversed back even after the discontinuation of the medication. Injectables forms of Sustanon can cause a mild local reaction at the injection site.
It uses can cause following side effects in women:
- Development of the Signs of masculinization
- Increase in the body or facial hair
The use of Sustanon can cause following side effects in pre-pubertal children:
- Limited body growth like limited height
- Early development of sexual drive
- Enlargement of penis
- High frequency of erections